Thursday, December 17, 2015

Excavation


After a number of post about the house plan, I finally get to write about something physically happening at the lot.


The first physical step was marking the boundaries of the house with stakes and orange paint.  My builder asked me to check this out before proceeding.  If I decided I wanted the house moved a few feet, now would be the last chance to do that.  Looking at the house outlined in paint, it seemed small.  My builder assured me that it is common to feel that way at this stage and that the house would seem larger when it is real.


The building permit displayed on site, alongside a port-a-potty and an excavator.  It is beginning to look like construction is imminent.


The first day digging unearthed the sewer connection – very important but not very exciting.

After a few day of excavation, the hole in the ground resembles the general shape of the planned basement.
Standing in what will eventually be the driveway




Standing in what will eventually be the hangar looking into what will eventually be the workshop




Standing in what will eventually be the hangar looking toward what will eventually be the front door

No comments:

Post a Comment